Complete with an identical router and satellite, the Orbi system boasts a lightning fast throughput speeds, MU-MIMO simultaneous data streaming and a number of customizable features. It’s a tri-band system with six internal antennas and can deliver throughputs speeds of 1,266Mbps (400Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 866Mbps on the 5GHz band). Its additional 5GHz band communicates solely between the router and the satellite and hits speed up to 1,733Mbps. At the base of the router, there are three Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, and a USB 2.0 port, meanwhile, the satellite has four Gigabit LAN ports and a USB 2.0 port, which give you stellar connectivity options.
- Qualcomm Quad Core 710MHz (IPQ4019) ,512M RAM
- Support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, with Tri-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5GHz Backhaul)
- Support Guest WiFi, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, VPN, DDNS, uPNP, VLAN, Static Routes, IPv6, Remote Management
Appearance with a barrel design makes it look even larger, I think if you place a vase beside, maybe it looks better. The whole size is 3.1 x 6.7 x 8.89 inches.
Boost WiFi distance from the basement to the backyard; Orbi can extend the range of a strong connection with a single network to cover every inch of your home
- For 2 packages, Covers up to 3500 square feet with high performance WiFi
- For 3 packages, Covers up to 5000 square feet with high performance WiFi
- For 4 packages, Covers up to 6500 square feet with high performance WiFi
Netgear Orbi is the best wifi performance mesh system
- Very fast speeds at long range
- Easy for setting up
- Support Mu-Mimo
- Much faster performance than WiFi extenders.
- More ethernet ports than other WiFi extenders.
- Single SSID makes managing connections easy.
- A little expensive
- USB port is currently dormant
- Compared to other mesh products, physically is larger and more visually obtrusive.