I live in a large house, but the Wifi network is always unable to cover all corners, there will always be signal dead ends, so I can not enjoy the Internet, this is indeed a headache.
I believe that many people ever encountered this problem, and what will you do if you encounter this problem? In general, there are some solutions like these following:
- The purchase of more expensive with some selling point of the wireless AP products (such as manufacturers to promote high-gain antenna)
- Use a dual-band wifi router to replace the single-frequency one
- Buy the wifi signal extender, repeater, and so on..
It is almost conceivable that in a large area of the house, you will find that all the above methods may have a little effect to improve your wireless network signal, then this time, you need to choose another program called wifi mesh network system.To know more about wifi mesh network, you can read this article 6 key points of wifi mesh network you should know.
And fortunately, in the first half of 2017, from the entire wireless network market, it appears some excellent products to make us have a choice. Among them, we have chosen the following best wifi mesh network equipment, through our evaluation from several dimensions, we think they can be considered the top of this year several wifi mesh network products. Okay, let’s go to the mesh wifi review.
Tri-band Whole Home WiFi Mesh System
Linksys Velop is the first tri-band modular WiFi system that can be installed in any wireless network environment, each of which is a powerful tri-band AC 2X2 802.11ac Wave 2 device with an MU-MIMO transmit-receive card. The total network speed of up to 2200 Mbps on each second. This technology is designed to increase the speed of each corner of the network coverage through mathematical algorithms to achieve optimal path calculations, as well as to avoid the combination of traditional routers and expanders, as well as dual-frequency modular wireless network systems Deceleration problem. Linksys Velop uses the same SSID so that each room can receive full-speed WiFi signal. Here I list some of the Linksys velop specs.
- Processor and Memory for faster processing (716MHz Quad core,4GB Flash, and 512MB RAM)
- Bluetooth 4.0 /LTE secure and easy APP based set-up
- Dynamic Tri-Band technology delivers blazing-fast WiFi speeds, and it supports a combined WiFi speed of 2200Mbps (2.4GHz Radio — 400Mbps; 5.8GHz Radio1 –867Mbps;5.8GHz Radio2 –867Mbps )
- Powerful Tri-Band WiFi System distribute 100% Internet speed to the edge of your home WiFi network without signal degradation if one is moved farther away
- Full-speed WiFi up to 6,000 square feet for Linksys velop 3 pack
- Linksys Velop combines multiple routers together. Each router is designed to be a small signal tower with a size of only 3.1 x 9.3 x 7.3 inches and 88% smaller than an average router. The soft white design is also very attractive so that people are willing to put on the shelves or cabinets to show high WiFi performance.
- Six antennas are arranged in the top and middle parts, some of which are responsible for up and down the modulation signal, the other is responsible for the left and the right modulation signal, so Velop in single-story residential and multi-story residential can enhance the performance of wireless networks.
- In order to avoid cable winding, the bottom of the device has a hole for the placement of wires and Ethernet cables and is equipped with a small rubber rod, used to organize a variety of wires.
Traditional routers may not attain some distant corners of your private home. But Velop nodes can be placed anywhere to offer you with complete-strength WiFi that’s best for your precise situation.
Linksys Velop is the best Whole Home WiFi Mesh System
- Amazing performance
- User-friendly app, so easy to set up
- Guest networkability
- Ability to set boundaries with parental controls
- Support Mu-Mimo technology
- It can work on Amazon Alexa
- Too expensive, too expensive
- Only 2 ethernet ports for WAN and LAN
- No USB port for storage or printer support
- No advanced features like DHCP range adjust or specific IP reservation through Mobile App
Tri-band Whole Home WiFi Mesh System
Common to most all mesh WiFi systems is their ease of setup, but the eero pro wifi system takes easily to a new level. The company claims you’ll be up and running in just a few minutes with help from its mobile app and Amazon reviewers can back up that up. All you need to do is connect it to your modem via the included Ethernet cable, wait for the indicator light to blink blue and follow the on-screen instructions. After you’re done setting up, the app also comes in handy for testing Internet speeds, managing networks, creating guest networks and more.Here are the eero pro specs.
- 700 MHz Quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB flash storage
- Eero: Tri-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz and 5.8GHz wireless; Eero beacon: Dual-band WiFi radios, simultaneous 2.4GHz, and 5GHz wireless.
- Both support 2×2 MU-MIMO, Beamforming, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Thread 1.1 Border Router, Bluetooth LE 4.2.
- Eero software automatically updates about once a month, making Eero the only company that keeps your system at the cutting edge, even after you buy it.
- Future proof with Amazon Alexa, Thread, and smart home capabilities.
The Eero pro ’s uses a very simple design style, it almost has no extra design elements, a bit similar to Apple’s industrial design.
The three identical units (one router and two satellites) measure 4.76 X 4.76 X1.24 inches and are white high-gloss on the top, but matte on the edges.
Eero claims that the Eero pro provides 20 to 30 percent better performance than the first-generation Eero.
Eero pro is the wifi mesh system emphasizes the importance of safety
- Small size only 4.76 X 4.76 X1.24 inches, and eye-pleasing design.
- There’s no need to give your friends a WPA2 password to access the net, just sending them a token via text message instead.
- You can create groups with “Family Profiles” and pause devices remotely.
- Support Mu-Mimo
- 1 USB port for storage support
- Too expensive.
- Beacon units don’t have Ethernet ports.
- Malware protection and parental controls require subscription fee.
If you are looking for a simple design mesh wifi network product, and focus on home network security, eero pro is a worthy of your consideration and choice of products.
Complete with an identical router and satellite, the Orbi system boasts a lightning fast throughput speeds, MU-MIMO simultaneous data streaming and a number of customizable features. It’s a tri-band system with six internal antennas and can deliver throughputs speeds of 1,266Mbps (400Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 866Mbps on the 5GHz band). Its additional 5GHz band communicates solely between the router and the satellite and hits speed up to 1,733Mbps. At the base of the router, there are three Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, and a USB 2.0 port, meanwhile, the satellite has four Gigabit LAN ports and a USB 2.0 port, which give you stellar connectivity options.
- Qualcomm Quad Core 710MHz (IPQ4019) ,512M RAM
- Support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, with Tri-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5GHz Backhaul)
- Support Guest WiFi, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, VPN, DDNS, uPNP, VLAN, Static Routes, IPv6, Remote Management
Appearance with a barrel design makes it look even larger, I think if you place a vase beside, maybe it looks better . The whole size is 3.1 x 6.7 x 8.89 inches.
Boost WiFi distance from the basement to the backyard; Orbi can extend the range of a strong connection with a single network to cover every inch of your home
- For 2 packages, Covers up to 3500 square feet with high-performance WiFi
- For 3 packages, Covers up to 5000 square feet with high-performance WiFi
- For 4 packages, Covers up to 6500 square feet with high-performance WiFi
Netgear Orbi is the best wifi performance mesh system
- Very fast speeds at long range
- Easy for setting up
- Support Mu-Mimo
- Much faster performance than WiFi extenders.
- More ethernet ports than other WiFi extenders.
- Single SSID makes managing connections easy.
- A little expensive
- USB port is currently dormant
- Compared to other mesh products, physically is larger and more visually obtrusive.
High-Density Home WiFi Mesh System
The amplifi mesh point consists of a router and two plugin mesh points that can expand the network coverage, they are nearly works of modern art. The front of the router has a beautiful full-color LCD touch screen that displays the time and date, and you can tap the screen to reveal stats such as current Internet speeds (upload and download), router and WAN IP addresses, as well as current throughput speeds.
- The router houses a single-core CPU, 802.11ac circuitry that supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands and delivers up to 1750Mbps wifi speed.
- Similar to other systems, the AmpliFi HD has a mobile app that lets you manage settings, but it also uniquely allows you to segregate its two radio bands and have separate SSIDs, letting you manage traffic more easily. Unfortunately, there are no parental controls on this unit, but most won’t find that to be a deal breaker.
AmpliFi’s uncompromising industrial design is meant to complement your home. Show it off proudly; your router is no longer something to hide.
Amplifi HD makes a whole white cube design (3.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches), looks very fashionable. The most attractive element is the touch screen embedded in the front of the router, this touch screen can be set up to show the real-time status of the network, network traffic, the real-time …
For the wifi signal amplifier, it uses a magnetic adapter to adjust the angle, you can maximize the increase in signal coverage angle.
Of Ubiquiti’s devices, the AmpliFi HD is the most robust. Made for large, multi-story houses with dense walls and other obstructions, this device uses six high-density, long-range antennas to cover up to a whopping 20,000 square feet. (Don’t worry, the antennas are internal, so it keeps a sleek aesthetic.)
AmpliFi HD is the most beautiful design wifi mesh system
- Attractive industrial design, with a touchscreen LCD.
- 4-port gigabit switch on the router.
- Simple Installation and Configuration Process.
- The MeshPoints Lack Any Ethernet Port.
- Some Features Are Still in Development.
- Coverage is good but not great because of their design.
Whole Home WiFi Mesh System
Google WiFi wins our pick for best design not just for its hardware, but its software, too. The accompanying app (for Android or iOS) is intuitive and lets you manage the status of your points, as well as set up guest networks, test speeds, port forwarding and more. Unfortunately, there are no parental controls, but regardless, Google Wi-Fi will get your household online quickly and easily.
- Each point houses a Quad-core Arm CPU, 512MB of RAM and 4GB of eMMC flash memory,
- plus AC1200 (2X2) 802.11ac and 802.11s (mesh) circuitry and a Bluetooth radio. Google combines its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands into a single band, which means you can’t designate a device to a single band, but on the upside, it uses beamforming technology, which automatically routes devices to the strongest signal.
- Leave it to Google to design the best-looking anything. Its Wi-Fi system is no exception. The set contains three satellites, which Google called “Wi-Fi points,” each of which covers 1,500 square feet, for a grand total of 4,500 square feet of blanketed coverage. The points are shaped like thick hockey pucks and sit beautifully in plain view.
This mesh product still follows the previous few google hardware ‘s design style, the round cake shape design makes it look more compact and convenient. The middle of a circle of state lights brings more artistic beauty.
Product Dimensions, 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.7 inches.
A single Wi-Fi point covers up to 1,500 sq. ft., a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 sq. ft. Wi-Fi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
Google wifi is the wifi mesh system
- Stylish and simple design.
- Home wireless signal full coverage.
- Super fast Wi-Fi in every room.
- One network for all your devices.
- The app is simple as you don’t need to login on a computer to change settings.
- You can’t access the system with a browser.
- No USB ports, if you were hoping for one.
- Always keep your Google Account online when using a wireless network.
AC1300 Home WiFi Mesh System
Every corner of every room is immersed in WiFi with the Tp-link deco m5 access point. Two or more Deco units work together to allow you to enjoy seamless Wi-Fi. Walk from room to room and always stay connected to the things that matter to you.
TP-Link Homecare provides antivirus protection, parental controls, an SPI firewall, device access control and secure remote control, all to keep your home network safe and secure. Each Deco unit includes three years of free antivirus protection powered by Trend Micro. This level of antivirus protection keeps all the devices in your home safe from viruses and malware, regardless of whether the device has antivirus protection. Bi-weekly antivirus updates keep your family protected from the latest threats. Parental controls allow you to manage, limit and monitor your child’s internet access. Restrict access by time of day, content or device, or even just pause internet connectivity for the entire home. Monthly usage reports let you know what was blocked and where the most time was spent online.
The Deco app makes setup fast and easy. Download the app for your Android or iOS mobile device and it will guide you through setup and configuration with simple visuals. ART keeps your network running as fast as possible by choosing the best path for each connection to follow. With its intelligent selection, ART takes the guesswork out of connecting by automatically assigning your devices to the best Deco unit and Wi-Fi band.
- Deco M5 supports a combined WiFi speed of 1300Mbps , 5 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency.
Size,4.72 x 4.72 x 1.34 inches.
A single Deco unit will cover up to 1,800 sq. ft. Three Deco units can cover up to 4,500 sq. ft. For maximum coverage, up to nine units can be added to a single Deco network. Enjoy the latest features and functionality with automatic updates.
Deco optimizes the connections between each of its units to deliver the best Wi-Fi coverage, performance, and experience. Plus, with the Deco app, you can control how your bandwidth is used. Prioritize devices for streaming, gaming and video chat. Remotely manage your network from anywhere with the Deco app. Get help from friends or family by adding them as network managers.
Tp-link Deco M5 is the wifi mesh system
- Well-designed mobile app.
- Easy to install.
- Built-in virus and malware protection.
- Solid throughput performance.
- Robust parental controls.
- It Has A Competitive Price
- You can’t access the system with a browser.
- No advanced routing settings